Friday 8 August 2008

Let’s get things started…

Bloody hell, first blog post. This is scary...

I’ll get the basic stuff out of the way first. My name’s Tom, and I’m an amateur writer. I’ve set up this blogspot so that a few more people could see and, hopefully, enjoy my work.

All my writing so far has been reviews. I’ve been writing film and game reviews for almost six months for block17. Now I want to write more often, broaden my audience, and eventually take my writing to a professional level. Hopefully this blogspot and the site I’m currently working on will help me to do that.

In the near future I want to try different styles of writing besides reviews. Blogging, previews, overviews and satirical writing are all possibilities that I’m looking into, but it’s all up in the air at the moment.

Anyway, I should probably round this thing off before I send you to sleep. Thank you for checking out my blog, I hope you enjoy reading through the first three articles I’ve posted, and I hope you check back in the future. I write at least one piece a week if not two, and they’ll all be posted up here, so check back regularly if you like what I write. Don’t be afraid to criticise me either, I love a bit of criticism and it will only help me improve.

Feel free to make requests for reviews. I’ve got a lot of free time on my hands at the moment, and I’d love to help you out if I can.

Thanks again,

Tom

No comments: